Monday, April 20, 2009
I love the idea because:
1. I've been thinking about doing spotlights for you couples hoping to adopt for a while, but really am too lazy/busy to keep up with it.
2. Because ADOPTION is totally a cause worth promoting. (Exactly why I started this blog/site.)
I am also TOTALLY IN LOVE with mrs. r's Matching Mondays segment.
Make your adoption happen, click on one of the links above. You just might fall in love with a child or a sibling group while checking out that last one! =)
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Through Mormon Mommy Blogs I was given the chance to interview Troy Dunn, of WeTV's program The Locator. Troy works to reunite family members who have for various reasons been scattered and separated. Troy is also an LDS bishop.
I took this opportunity to ask him about his show, his faith and his opinions on openness in modern adoption practices. He spoke about birth mothers and gave wonderful advice for adoptees and adoptive parents. Check it out by clicking here! **UPDATE The MMB site was down this weekend but it is now back up.
Monday, April 13, 2009
2. Birth Mother's Day is coming up!
Provo Families Supporting Adoption is hosting a Celebrating Adoption Walk May 9 @10 a.m. in honor of Birth Mothers Day. It will be at the Provo High School track (1125 North University Ave. Provo, UT. 84604) Wear white or an 'adoption shirt', games and activities for kids and and adults, drinks and snacks provided. Everyone is invited!
3. There will be a 5k race on May 30th for ADOPTION:
$20 for an individual
$50 for a family
Visit Adoption Exchange for more information (Utah area, events in other locations are also listed on this website.)
4. The 2009 Chalk Art Festival is coming June 19-20. The Utah Foster Care Foundation hosts this.
Visit http://www.chalkartfestival.org/ for more information.
5. Also there is a new button to this blog at the bottom of the page on the left hand side.
*If you have any other news in the adoption world, please let me know. Continue to spread the word about adoption. Advocate constantly, you never know who may be considering abortion.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Also check out some of the websites in the right sidebar if you are hoping to adopt.