Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Adopt Us Kids.org

First of all, I love adoption! I love reading all of your adoption stories, your adoption blogs and hearing about different ways people are involved with the adoption process. I am so excited to get started! We are waiting for a few things in our life to settle down, but once they do, I am ready!

In my online research of adoption, I came across the website AdoptUsKids.org. It features babies and children who are in foster homes, most with disabilities, and who are looking for their forever family. It does not cost very much to adopt these children as they would just be so happy to find a family who would love and care for them. I didn't know that that option was out there.

As I looked I came across this little girl-

Isn't she adorable??? Her name is Jasmine (pronounced Yaz-meen). She is 2 1/2 years old. She was born nine weeks premature and had been exposed to drugs and alcohol in the womb. She has short gut syndrome and is fed through a G-tube. They do not know what her life expectancy is, but she is a happy, upbeat little girl.

Check back weekly as they have new children highlighted each week. My heart goes out to each and every one of them and I wish that I had the time and the means and the money to care for them all!

Much Love, Megan

2 comments:

Katelyn Krum Shaw said...

so grate that your an adoption advocate! I shared my adoption experiences on a blog. myangelsfromgod.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Hi, I did an Internet search for Jasmine from adoptuskids.org and it led me to your website. I have been very interested in adopting this darling girl and her little sister. I panicked when I didn't see her on the website. Do you by any chance have her case number from the website? I'd like to do a search and see what her status is. Thank you!

Jennifer

An Open Adoption Documentary

Adoption Isn't Selfish

Straight from a Birthmom...

The Open Adoption Project via The R House