Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I want to hear from you!

 
Hello readers, I know that I have been a bit absent as far as posting my own thoughts but I have been busy keeping up with my little man (see above), celebrating his birthday, then mine, traveling to help take care of my new niece (who is just adorable p.s.) and featuring families and other guests. I love hearing from you all in email form but I would really really really (is that enough reallys?) love for you to comment on posts and let me know what you would like to see more of or what you think of the changes that I've made. I see that people drop by but very rarely say hi! Seriously though, I know there are lots of great adoption events going on out there and I want to let others know about them so please send me info if you are a part of something awesome and adoption related that we can all support.
 
Speaking of which, have you heard about this fantastic adoption walk coming up next weekend in AZ? It is called the Big Tough Girl Adoption Walk ("Royally Blessed" is the theme) and it is being put together by Blessings In A Basket which is an awesome organization that provides support for birthmoms. Just click on the link above to find out more about what they do.
 
Anywho, they are hosting this walk that is going to start off at Mountain View High School in Mesa, AZ. I might add that Mtn. View is my alma mater, GO TOROS!!! The walk will be on Saturday November 10th from 9 am to 12 pm. Mtn. View High School is on the corner of Lindsey and Brown, address 2700 East Brown Road Mesa, AZ. There will be amazing raffle items and raffle tickets will be sold for $1.00 each to raise money to help this organization continue to provide support for birthmoms! Participating in the walk is free but you gotta come sporting your purple. There will even be a contest with a $50 prize for the best purple outfit! Doesn't this event sound like a blast? I know I will be driving up from Tucson to participate. Hope to see you there! You can contact the  great people at Blessings In A Basket for more info at bibsupport@blessingsinabasket.org.
 
Hope to see you there. I will be the  super tall one. Does someone have a purple boa I could borrow? :) -Elise

4 comments:

Christie said...

THanks so much for the shout out!!!! We've been working so hard and we're so excited! You can also find us on facebook at Royally Blessed Adoption Walk. Can't wait to see you guys!

Alice Anne said...

I'm saying hi! I follow a lot of adoption-related blogs. I like to hear positive adoption news. I think you're doing a great job, so keep it up. :) I'm an adoptive mom of one (19 months old now) and going for Baby #2. I blog at xavierandaliceanne.blogspot.com ... Maybe when we are approved I can get you to feature us. ;)

Josh & Elise said...

Christie-No problem, glad to spread the word! AliceAnne- How exciting! Yes, let me know when you are up and running and I can add your blog to the list!

Amanda said...

I would love to hear from someone that is both a birthparent and a parent on their feelings for their children and how they differ. Does that make sense? I know birth parents still feel like parents to the children they place, but I imagine their are some differences compared to children they raise. I have guesses about what those differences may be but I would LOVE to hear from them. Thank you for taking over this blog. I am sure it is a lot of work!

An Open Adoption Documentary

Adoption Isn't Selfish

Straight from a Birthmom...

The Open Adoption Project via The R House