Sunday, August 15, 2010

Staying Positive during The Finding Process: Stacey


 Guest blogger Stacey is a mother hoping to add to her family through adoption.  
This is her story of choosing adoption and staying positive during the finding process.

My husband Eric and I have been married for 6 years and have two beautiful little girls. About 2 years ago I started getting that baby hungry feeling again for the third time. My husband and I decided that it was time to extend our family yet again. I have been on medication since I had my little girl Devery (she is almost 3 now). We talked to my Dr. about what our next step would be just to find out that I can not get pregnant while on my medication. I was heart broken. Now what?

After about a month of talking to each other, family, and friends we decided that adoption would be the way. Eric called LDS Family Services in Oct. `09 and our process began. It took us 4 months and a lot of time to get all of our paper work finished and our profile up.February came and there it was. Our profile was up for the world to see.

First month goes by then the second month goes by and the third. The fourth comes and we have an e-mail from a birth parent. We were so excited and couldn't hold back calling our family. Weeks go by and the e-mails stop. Another month goes by. Month five and another e-mail from another set of birth parents and they want to meet us in two days. We are set and ready to go with such excitement.

Then we hear nothing. We call them and nothing. We e-mail and nothing. Here we are at month six and nothing.

Eric and I are so blessed to have the family that we do and are excited to meet our newest addition whenever that may be. Adoption is such a wonderful gift and we are excited to be a part of it.

 What do YOU do to stay positive during the finding process?  If you'd like to be a guest blogger, check out that link to see what we need from you and then email Amanda or Brittany (see upper right sidebar)!

No comments:

An Open Adoption Documentary

Adoption Isn't Selfish

Straight from a Birthmom...

The Open Adoption Project via The R House