Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Short and Sweet

I'm going to keep it short and sweet this week because I have so much to ponder after the beautiful words of General Conference.
Two thoughts overtook me this last weekend.
First, we are so lucky, nay, blessed to believe that family is fundamental.  To quote mormon.org, "it is the most important unit of society".  Because we believe these things, we are willing to do hard things, accept infertility, and build our families through the beauty that is adoption!  I truly can testify that without my religious base, I would have never overcome my infertility.
Second, hope is a beautiful thing!  How anyone could ever get through this world without hope is beyond me.  Just hoping for a brighter future, hoping for a baby, hoping for a prayer to be answered, etc... can brighten your life.  Hope is what gets us through.  Hope is what makes us strong enough.
Did General Conference touch your hearts like it did mine in the terms of adoption and infertility? I'd love to hear about it.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I shared a few brief quotes about it here: http://laytonfsa.blogspot.com/2011/10/if-there-is-one-thing-that-adoptive.html

Whitney said...

I just wrote about this! You can hop over here and take a peek if you would like:

http://misswhit-tany.blogspot.com/2011/10/it-is-better-to-look-up.html

An Open Adoption Documentary

Adoption Isn't Selfish

Straight from a Birthmom...

The Open Adoption Project via The R House