Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sealed

As we were rushing out the door this morning to go to the temple, I realized I still hadn't written anything for today.

We did sealings today.  I had been endowed for seven years before Brigham and I were married.  After we were married, being a proxy for sealings took on a whole new meaning for me.  I liked doing sealings when I was single, but didn't have a full understanding of what being sealed means.  (I probably still don't.)  Today, as I was sitting in the sealing room, I was imagining having another child sealed to us--a soft little hand on top of ours.

Then I thought back to when Olivia was sealed to us.  (She screamed the whole time!)  Knowing she was sealed to us, to an entire, enormous family, changed the way I felt about her, about family, and about love.  I can't wait to re-experience that, to have another child join our family, to learn even more about the sealing power in such a personal way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,am Rita,i have two children..i cant afford for them to study..please contact me,i want a gud lds family to adopt them. Sunnyriya7@gmail.com

An Open Adoption Documentary

Adoption Isn't Selfish

Straight from a Birthmom...

The Open Adoption Project via The R House