Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I can do all things...


On a side note from adoption, I had to get three cavities filled yesterday.

I hate going to the dentist and I hate getting cavities filled.

So when I found out that 1 cavity to be filled had changed to three I was apprehensive to say the least.

Then came the gauze, the numbing gel and the two shots in the mouth. In the mouth!!! On the second one, that was actually in the roof of my mouth, I yelled out loud. I have never done this before. Not while getting an epidural, not while getting a root canal and definitely not at the dentist. I was hurt and a little embarrassed and began to cry.

Someone gave me a tissue and they proceeded to work. I had just finished reading a talk from April's General Conference on my smart phone and all I could think about was this quote:

"Not one of the trials and tribulations we face is beyond our limits, because we have access to help from the Lord. We can do all things through Christ, who strengthens us." (More Than Conquerors through Him That Loved Us, by Paul V. Johnson)

Mostly it was the last part that I kept repeating in my head "I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me." I repeated that over and over until a peaceful calmness came over me.

I know that whatever we are going through is for our benefit and gain. The storm comes before the morning dawn. The terrible Friday when Christ was crucified came before his Sunday Resurrection.

And when friend after friend becomes pregnant.

And when month and month brings no baby.

And when your Mother heart just yearns for that little one.

He is there. He is watching. He knows what you can handle. He knows what you need.

And just when you think you can't take it any longer, He helps you make it just a little further. Time and time again.

This is my adoption blog post. My name is Megan.

No comments:

An Open Adoption Documentary

Adoption Isn't Selfish

Straight from a Birthmom...

The Open Adoption Project via The R House