Friday, July 8, 2011

Fresh Air Fund...

This week I had a woman named Sara contact me re: the Fresh Air Fund. In her email she said a little about what it was and gave a website to peek at...so I did and WOW! You might be thinking what is the Fresh Air Fund just like I did. So I clicked on their site and then clicked into their You Tube channel and saw this video...



Sara had let me know that they ARE still looking for families to help...they still need 850 host families for THIS summer (children stay with their host families for up to 2 weeks) ...I know I usually speak about adoption related topics on here but I know all of us want to have an impact on a child or want to help in some way...ultimately, all of us want children to feel love, happiness, and all they should worry about it having fun and being a kid...for many of these children life is not that easy and the struggles that they face everyday are more than many adults have experienced in their lifetimes...

This is so cool...and if I lived in the areas that this program is available I would so be up for this! Think about how you could help these children and how wonderful they will feel knowing someone else cares about them. You can make such a difference...How would you feel knowing that you were the one that helped change it all for them...knowing that you helped them know that life offered more...You can offer them HOPE...HOPE for their future...HOPE for their family or lack of...HOPE for their current situation...HOPE in themselves...HOPE that they matter...HOPE that they can make a difference...


These video's below shows how one choice to host can make a difference in a child's life...







What an impact this program makes...if you would like to learn more about the Fresh Air Fund Click here

I just have to put a shout out to Sara for emailing me about this and all of the wonderful people that work so hard to make this program possible...Thank you so much for what you do, I am sure it means so much to all of these children, their families and the families that host every year!

1 comment:

B.I.B said...

YAY!!! BIB loves loves loves the Fresh Air Children...Sara is so amazing and we were so happy to throw a shout out to them as well!!

Love that you are supporting them also!!

....and WOW you guys are amazing and your blog is looking so amazing!!


Ashley
BIB
www.blessingsinabasket.org

An Open Adoption Documentary

Adoption Isn't Selfish

Straight from a Birthmom...

The Open Adoption Project via The R House